5th January 2008 - One Month Anniversary of Zi On's Disappearance

Mrs. Kerk Cho Tan has penned this letter to her dear late son, Zi On, on the one month anniversary of his disappearance.

---------------------------------------------------

Our dearest Son, Zi On – Tribute from Mama
5-1-2008

Today is 5 January 2008. Yes it has been a month already. Zi On has left us a month ago on this day. Yet as it is still morning about 8a.m now, he must have just locked his apartment, took his bag and started the journey to Moreton Island. His heart must be happy as he was going to see this beautiful island with some of his good friends. It was a happy day for him. His best friend Remesh recalled “it was a happy day for him”, for all of them too.

This happy day was also the day he made a brave decision, by instinct, to truly follow the example of Jesus, to lay down his life for others.

Son, my dear son, you did not even say good-bye to us. You did not say good-bye to your friends. You gave yourself and surrendered to Jesus your life, your body and everything. And the Lord was there to receive you and happily you put your hands in His hands and said, “Here I come, Lord Jesus, I am not fearful,” and just as you wrote in your diary on 14-8-2007 “Jesus as I am with you, be with me now.” We know, the Lord was there to lovingly receive you and said to you, “My dear child, I love you, welcome to your new home. You and I are going to take a new journey where there are no more tears, no more pain, no more struggles, no more poverty, no more loneliness, no more rejection, no more sorrows, no more fears. From this moment, yes now, I am with you always. You will only find true happiness, real joy, lasting peace and the everlasting presence of God.” You always love angels, now you will see the beautiful angels singing and welcoming you to your heavenly Father’s home. And the Lord said to you, “My child you will be glorified with me as I promised to all my children who believe in Me.”

Your dear papa said, “you ended your early life with a high note”. Yes, son, you did a gallant act, yes, a noble one, you are so brave! So brave, son, and papa, mama and Zi Lu, your little brother, are so proud of you.

You said “I believe I am born for greater things than this.”
Yes, you left us with a triumphant act and fulfilled God’s purpose for your life. Son, we are so proud of you! We also know, the Lord Jesus said to you as He received you, “Well done, my good and faithful servant!”

You said and recorded in your journal, you asked God when you were learning about Fasting and Powers to Claim:
“Make me a man of substance,
Make me a man of courage,
Make me a man of dependability,
Make me a man of persistence,
Make me a man of drive,
Make me a man of compassion and empathy,
Make me a man of true friendship.”

Yes son, you have fulfilled all these aspirations, such high and noble aspirations, and we are so very proud of you.

We humbly surrendered you and returned this special gift, our loving son and brother, to Jesus our Lord. We give all praises to God and all glory to Him, our Heavenly Father. Praise the Lord!

I love you, son, I love you my dearest Zi On.

From
Your mom, love you forever,
Mama

Comments